- Always act professionally and treat all clients, volunteers, and staff with respect.
- Do not engage in any form of insensitive behavior or sexual harassment.
- Do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, gender, identity/ expression, national origin, age, religion, marital status, handicap or sexual preference .
- Do not engage in any destructive behavior against SCORE, its members and clients, or its operations (physically, verbally, or online).
- Always place the business interests of SCORE clients first.
- Protect the confidentiality of all client information so that it remains within SCORE.
- Never judge a client or their idea & strive to create a long-term relationship with all clients .
- Ensure that every client is aware of the ongoing services and resources available to them from SCORE.
- If asked about outside professional services, identify, whenever feasible, at least three sources from which the client may select.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
- Conduct all SCORE activities to avoid any conflict of interest between a volunteer’s personal or business interests and the interests of SCORE clients. This includes not recommending the purchase of goods or services in which there is a direct or indirect interest to you, your family, or your professional colleagues.
- Do not become an officer, director, shareholder, investor, or partner of any for-profit clients, nor provide direct funding, of any type, to any client that receives assistance from SCORE.
- Do not vet, advocate, or promote any tool, partner, sponsor, or services provider.
- Offer services at no charge to SCORE clients, not accepting fees, honoraria, payment for travel or other expenses incidental to mentoring, or any other activity, nor accept fees, commissions, kickbacks or things of value from third parties when recommending products or services to a client.
- Never solicit business from any SCORE client.
- Never become an employee, paid contractor, or professional consultant to a client’s business.
- Adhere to all membership requirements set forth in the SOM.
- When representing SCORE, use your scorevolunteer.org email address.
- When representing SCORE, clearly identify yourself orally and in print with your SCORE title, current SCORE-branded business card, and signature block on all communications.
- When representing SCORE publicly, refrain from statements that are critical of SCORE, its sponsors or the SBA, or that promote any political party, elected official or candidate for elected office.
- Read, understand, and commit to the entire Code of Ethics annually.